I am filled with gratitude as I write this post. It has been three wonderful and creatively satisfying years since I started my blog “The East Coast Desi”! The blog served as my creative outlet to share my home decorating journey, celebrate color and on a more purposeful note to promote Indian artists and brands that appealed to my aesthetic sensibilities.
But this entire blogging experience has been so much more. It’s been a revelation of sorts if you please:
- I’ve realized you will ALWAYS find the time for something you absolutely love. And for me, blogging is that one thing that nourishes my soul in ways that I never imagined. I feel so alive and ticking after I share a post with you’ll!
- Inspiring others can inspire you in the process. With this, I’m referring to the heartbeat of my blog, my lovely readers. You’ve inspired me to push my creative boundaries and bring out the best in me. Your wonderful feedback and comments is a pick-me-up at times when I’m surrounded by self-doubt. Most of all, I enjoy reading the mails that say how TECD has inspired you to create beauty around your own homes! That is the moment when I hear the violins! Seriously, a big bear hug to each and every one of you who has stopped by TECD and shown your love, encouragement and unwavering support!
- Surrounding yourself with people who think positively can only rub off their good vibes on you. I’ve been fortunate to meet some very lovely, uber talented people through my blog. Their inspirational stories and love for what they do has been a catalyst in answering my own creative calling. (Shhhh……a lot is brewing here at TECD, the details of which I’ll be able to share shortly.)
- I’ve learnt that it is not the destination but the journey that needs to be enjoyed thoroughly.
- I’ve understood that you can say NO and still be the nice guy. There is no room for feeling guilty about this when you want to keep the integrity of the blog intact and focus on putting out only the best for your readers.
- Living more purposefully has a whole different meaning……from the everyday predictable routine to the smaller things that would have been dismissed earlier in the busy ho-hum are more bearable and are taken notice of as my perspective on so many things has changed, thanks to my blog.
- Last but not the least, it has thought me that hard work and originality will always get you what you want! People will sit up and take notice and the fact that my name was included in the Wall of Indian Décor Influencers is proof enough.
Once again, I am so grateful to you for following along with TECD on this wonderful journey. You are the driving force for me to stay devoted to this blog so long. I have so much more to share with you’ll and hope to see you around here for many more years to come………
(Image Credit: Sruthi Singh, Do Not use the image/images from the blog without prior written permission.)