If you are on the lookout for personalized gifts and unique lifestyle products then “Engrave” is the place for you. An India-based, e-commerce design collective, the company specializes in personalized gifts and souvenirs. As the name suggests, Engrave undertakes customized engraving mainly on wood. Their most sought after in this category are the laser engraved plaques and name plates. Another popular category is the range of canvas prints that bring beautiful images to life and makes for wonderful wall decor.
Founded by Nimish Adani (a graduate of IIM- Lucknow), Engrave was conceived almost 4 years ago when he came across an iPod with a name engraved on it. He loved the idea of how it brought about a bespoke quality to an otherwise clone that was produced in millions. Having realized that the concept of engraving wasn’t popular in India, he decided to start a company that would help create more meaningful and personalized gifts.
Over the years, Engrave has branched out and evolved to be a marketing platform for Indian artists and craftsmen showcasing a range of products with a soul. This endeavor was undertaken by Nimish Adani with the single minded objective to make Indian craftsmen into independent entrepreneurs. As of today, they have artists like Abhinav Kafare, Mukesh Jain and Bulbul Sarkar (only to name a few) to their list of talented artists they promote.
The Engrave team reached out to me to review their products and website. I chose the mortar and pestle and wooden serving spoons from “The Acacia collection” by Bulbul Sarkar. What’s wonderful about this piece is that this kitchen gadget combines style and the utilitarian aspect artistically. Crafted out of domestically sourced Acacia wood, this piece brings texture and rustic charm to one’s kitchen.
Now for the review:
- Web Design and Navigation convenience - The website has well labelled tabs that make navigating through their many products an easy task. In the case of products that need customization such as plaques and name plates, it is an easy three-step process before you place your order.
- Competitive pricing - Customers of Engrave enjoy the benefit of reasonably and competitively priced products as Engrave does not incur the huge real estate costs of a traditional retail outlet. Further, their in-house production and design facility helps them to offer high quality products at low-costs & pass on the benefit to their customers.
- Convenient Payment Options - Payment Options like Credit Card / Debit Card / Netbanking, Bank Transfer, Cheque/DD, Cash on Delivery (at an extra charge), gives you the ease to choose the payment option that is convenient and right for you. (However, do make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully and before you proceed to confirm the order.)
- Online Customer Assistance - They have an efficient online customer assistance in place to answer any queries that you might have while shopping. In my case, I did have a few questions about the product and left a mail enquiry with my email address. They promptly got back to me with the answers within 24 hours.
- Product Delivery - Engrave ships to all major cities and towns in India only. The product is ensured to reach you in 7 business days. I received mine (here in Virginia) within 3 business days of ordering and was thoroughly impressed with their quick and efficient shipping process.
- Product Quality - I’ve used the products on a number of occasions and love them. They are sturdy and serve their purpose well.
I enjoyed my shopping experience with Engrave and would definitely bookmark them for future reference. To see more from their wonderful collection, click here.
Up next, a tour of my very own kitchen :) Have a great day!
Image Copyright/Credit: Collage 1,2, & 4 images by Engrave, 3 - Sruthi Singh
(Disclosure: Engrave sent me the products to review free of charge. The views and opinions in this post are solely mine.)